OUR IVF SCHEDULE

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

News

Wanted to check in briefly with some news that indirectly effects our IVF schedule. My principal pulled me from class yesterday to let me know that all first-year teachers will not be renewed for the fall. Districtwide. This means I don't have a job starting in September. Not something you want to hear when your stemming is right around the corner.


High stress is not compatible with preparing your body for babies, but Rachel has been handling it better than me. I was okay at first but later in the afternoon I was in my principal's office talking about it and I broke into tears right there in front of him. This was just hours after I had told him, in a moment of masculine pride, that I was a man, and I could handle it.


It felt like a bad dream most of the day. I had to call our realtor and back off an offer we'd made just yesterday on a home. Then I had to call our apartments, whom we'd just apprised of our intention to vacate and beg them to keep us on a couple of more months. These are not conversations you ever want to have, and I hope you never have to. It isn't fun.


Anyway, Rachel proposed we do something fun last night, so we went to Macaroni Grill and splurged a little. It really did help lighten the situation. Now all we have to think about is IVF. Again, we obviously wish that our path was more linear but for now it's seeming like a maze. Oh well, I'm a man, I can handle it.


Tissue please.


No comments:

Post a Comment