For instance, Yesterday I picked up one of our BIG DADDY medications from my doctor's office. This is the one medication that we received for free from the manufacturer. It was a blessing and a huge relief, as it is also one of the more expensive medications. So back to my story. After I picked it up, I know it has to be refrigerated. "But how cold?" Box says temp between 36- 46 degrees. OK well "WHAT THE HECK DOES THAT MEAN?" The refrigerator only says 1-9, Normal- Cold. "Is my medication going to freeze?" Is it going to be too warm?" "Should I put it at the back or the front of the refrigerator?"
You can see where my mind went. Worry.
Then this verse came to mind:
Philippians 4:6-7
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
So today, I plan to start my day with thanksgiving, and pray for peace. I know the Lord has planned our steps long before I was even here. And for that I am thankful. I don't have to worry about this process, because I AM NOT IN CHARGE of this process. As much as I try to be. As much as I try to take over for Craig, for my Doctor, for our realtor, etc. Its not really up to them, nor is it up to me. So I am going to try to rest and take comfort in that today!
- Rachel
P.S. I ended up bombarding the Pharmacist with my refrigerator questions. Problem solved.
So today, I plan to start my day with thanksgiving, and pray for peace. I know the Lord has planned our steps long before I was even here. And for that I am thankful. I don't have to worry about this process, because I AM NOT IN CHARGE of this process. As much as I try to be. As much as I try to take over for Craig, for my Doctor, for our realtor, etc. Its not really up to them, nor is it up to me. So I am going to try to rest and take comfort in that today!
- Rachel
P.S. I ended up bombarding the Pharmacist with my refrigerator questions. Problem solved.

I am sitting here reading all the posts on this blog and tears are literally streaming down my face. I am in awe of your faith throughout this journey and realizing that even the toughest of times bring about blessing from the Lord. I can't even begin to imagine what you are going through or pretend that I fully understand but, I do know what it's like to want something more than anything in the world and not understand why God is telling you to wait. I do know what it's like to have fear and worry. I do know that even sometimes the best Scriptures, "cliches" and greatest encouragement from others can be a balm to a hurting wound but leave you wondering if it will really heal... I want you to know that I am interceding for you guys EVERY step of the way and am committing to pray for you until you hold the most healthy baby in your arms (and probably even after that as well) :) I love you guys and can't wait to see how God will work out many miracles in your lives over the next few months. Thank you for allowing me the chance to be with you on this journey.
ReplyDeleteOur church has put our a devotional and today's was on "overcoming fear". I think it would be a great thing for you to read. Heres' the link: http://2020.gatewaypeople.com/week-2/day-2
Also, my Pastor did a sermon Sunday on healing (both physical & emotional) and it was awesome. Feel free to take a listen as well: http://gatewaypeople.com/sermons/120510/audio
Love you!!
Thanks Becky! I will check them out!
ReplyDelete