OUR IVF SCHEDULE

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Friday, May 18, 2012

36 week appointment!

Yesterday we had our 36 week appointment, which also marked the start of our weekly visits to see our midwife! She did the check for Group B Strep, and also did our first cervical check.  Her measurements indicated that baby is head down, but head is not engaged in the pelvis yet.  He/she's still floating a bit!  She said I was dilated to 1 cm and 80% effaced.  By her predictions, we will not be having this baby super early, but perhaps we might go into labor a few days before our due date.  I take that with a grain of salt.  Right now, we're so focused on getting packed and moved, that I am ok not being labor ready just yet.

My body however, is really really ready.  My stretch marks have gone from being ugly, to downright the nastiest itch I have ever experienced.  And it does not stop!  And I am now suffering alot more swelling and carpal tunnel in my hands.  I can still type and lift things, but I cannot at all feel the ends of my fingers from the knuckles down, and I tend to drop alot of things I pick up, because I can't feel them.  This is getting pretty annoying and even painful at night, but there is nothing that can be done about it.  Otherwise, I am still trucking along just fine.

We started our birth classes last week.  Actually,  I had to attend our first one by myself.  It made me so sad not having Craig there.  I don't know how people go through this alone.  I barely made it through the 3 hour class without bursting into tears.  Needless to say, we met with our childbirth educator a little early this week to catch Craig up, and we had another great class that made us feel that much more ready and prepared for D-day!

I am really starting to feel the nesting thing.  NOTHING is ready.  No nursery (NO HOUSE), no bag packed, no clothes washed.  NOTHING.  So I am feeling a little out of control right now.  Poor Craig gets the brunt of it as I worry and fret over every little decision he makes, outing he goes on, etc.  Its almost like I need everything in order and to know his every move, just "in case."  Guess its my control issues coming out, as well.  I am trying to relax, but don't know that I'll feel any better until we're moved.

Next check is a week from today.  I am hoping for a little progress on the baby's position, but no labor signs just yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment