OUR IVF SCHEDULE

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday, January 24, 2011

New Rx...kind of

I had acupuncture this morning.  However, it wasn't with my normal acupuncturist (Dr. Z).  It was another doctor filling in for her.  I don't even remember her name.  But she was AWESOME!  I have never felt so relaxed and she talked to me for a long time about my body and things I need to work on.

She first told me that she is very concerned about my body temperature.  Mainly the fact that my feet and hands are usually cold and so is my abdomen.  Something about Yin/ Yang balance....I dunno.    Now, I am not saying that I totally embrace all of the thought behind Chinese medicine.  But she did have some great points.  She explained that in Chinese medicine, they consider the abdomen something to more closely protect than the brain.  She said that the body needs to be warm in order for pregnancy to be achieved, because you want to encourage the egg to implant by making a cozy environment.   

Here's my new Rx from the Acupuncturist:

Noooo cold drinks or overly cold food.
Ginger tea (homemade with ginger root and honey) 1-2x a day
Lots of Apple Cider (NO problem! yum!)
Keep WARM! (Heating pad on the abdomen, warm socks, and soaking my feet in warm water at night)

Interesting, but I'll give it a try.  
- Rachel
P.S. If you haven't tried Ginger tea, its pretty yummy.  Sipping some right now while I edit!


2 comments:

  1. This is what my acupuncturist said about me. I was not allowed to drink anything COLD, she sent me home with this thing that looked like a cigar (smelled like incense) and I had to light it and hold it over my abdomen to warm it up every night before I went to bed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. bahaha! That's weirder than my assignment. The ginger tea is really helping with my relaxation and tummy issues though! Its pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete