OUR IVF SCHEDULE

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Psalm 103

This verse has been on repeat inside my head for about 2 weeks now.  And for some reason I like the NIV version best: 
 "Praise the LORD, my soul;
   all my inmost being, praise his holy name.

   Praise the LORD, my soul,
   and forget not all his benefits— 
   who forgives all your sins
   and heals all your diseases, 
   
   who redeems your life from the pit
   and crowns you with love and compassion, 
  
   who satisfies your desires with good things
   so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s."



The rest of the chapter is just as good, but I will stop there so as not to make this post too long.  


I love this verse and I am holding on to it.  Of course I love the last part that says "He will satisfy my desires with good things," and I think anyone's nature would be to read that and say "YES!  God is going to give us a baby, God is going to give us a job, etc!"  But honestly, that is not really how this verse has hit me right now.  I think I just keep reading the part that says "Praise the Lord, O my soul!" or my own version "Praise Him just because.  Don't Forget.  Don't forget what He has done in the past.  Don't let your heart be distracted by the part that is aching.  Remember what He has already done, what you have but don't deserve."


So laying in bed the other night, being woken by the words in this Psalm, I started asking and willing my inmost being to PRAISE HIM.  Kind of corny maybe.  But that's what I did.  I want my heart and soul to praise Him, I want my head to praise Him.  I want my Uterus and my Ovaries (yes, I did just type that**) and all the other broken parts to Praise Him.  Because HE alone created them, and He deserves all honor and glory for them.  They are exactly as God has made them, whether they work the way I want them to or not.  


Today I focus on Praise.  Not on worry.  Not on fear.  On Praise.  
- Rachel


**Note: For those who think I have crossed over into Crazy Land, look up these verses too:
Psalm 96: 11-13
Psalm 148: 1-10
Isaiah 55:12
See, if birds, cows, trees, and even snow can praise Him, so can my Uterus! :)

3 comments:

  1. Love love love this. Thank you for the reminder, as I go through a journey so similar to yours I needed this reminder. Love you guys - and I will praise Him - for He is good - ALL THE TIME.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one of my favorite verses! For the exact part you were discussing. I love that I can command my soul to Praise, and that my emotions are forced to follow...Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AMEN! You are NOT crazy, you are doing what you were MADE to do - praise Him! We are the only creature with a VOICE to praise Him. :) You keep preaching to yourself the truth that will bring peace and comfort...and be persistent!!! (I will too)

    ReplyDelete