OUR IVF SCHEDULE

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Last two appointments

Things have been flying by here, so I am doing a little catch up on documenting this pregnancy.  Let's see, we had an  appointment with our midwife on March 22nd.  She basically reassured me that my spotting was normal and not to be alarmed unless it continued.  Belly measured on track and baby's heartbeat was 148.  I guess if you go by the old wives tail concerning heart rates, it looks like this baby might be a girl.  We had our maternity photos done in week 28 by my sister, Abby.  I haven't seen them yet, but hoping I don't look too fat to hang them!  Kidding.  Sort of. 

I've started going to see our midwife every 2 weeks now.  I can't believe it...we're actually in the third trimester.    I had my 30 week appointment last week, the first of which Craig was not able to attend.  But really, they are kind of pointless for him to go to.  The only highlight is hearing the baby's hearbeat, but watching and feeling kicks every day seems to be a bigger highlight to us anyway.  Again, belly measured on track (probably MORE than, but she didn't say that).  And baby's heart rate was again 148 bpm.  I asked her to show me how the baby was positioned, because I feel alot of big movement on the right side (like rolling or pushing), and more tiny flutters on the left side.  She said that our baby was head down, and it seemed like the baby's back and bottom were facing the right side (thus the bigger movement- probably stretching). I also learned that once they position themselves head down they rarely ever turn breech.  I didn't kow this, but she said that since the placenta is under the rib cage, it puts alot of pressure on the baby.  Since they don't like pressure on their heads, they usually try to stay head down. 

Baby seems to be ready to go...and while I want him/her to stay in there a few weeks longer, I'm kind of "ready to go" too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment