I have prayed over and over throughout this pregnancy, that I will be able to get through it with minimal complaints. I am so overjoyed that God has even allowed me the chance to experience this, so it seems like discontentment to whine about discomforts. However, at the same time, I want to remember, and I'm afraid I won't. So, I figure I'll document them, but preface it with "I am so completely humbled and thankful for even these...."
Leg cramps- These started pretty much at week 28. I had a few before, but they were pretty minor. But a couple of weeks ago, I woke up SCREAMING in pain. Of course, poor Craig shot out of bed like a rocket, thinking I was in premature labor or something. Finally, I managed to work out of my mouth "leg cramp", and he worked for about a minute massaging my left leg. I have never felt anything like that, and I was surprised it lasted so long. I am also pretty sure I subtracted one year from my husband's life span with that scream. Ever since then, I have woken up to the onset of leg cramps, but have found that if I immediately flex my food, they tend to go away.
Swollen Feet- I've gotten swollen feet every once in awhile, and they usually just come at the end of a long day. But as of week 29, the super swollen feet are here to stay. My left one is much bigger than my right one (our midwife says its because the heart and aorta are on the left side of the body). The best way to describe my feet these days is to compare them to Miss Piggy's. It seriously looks like I am trying to jam a hoof into a tiny slipper, and I tried on some sandles the other day, but couldn't get the straps beyond my toes.
Going to look for some Tom's today, as my friend told me they stretch and allow the feet to breathe much better.
Stretch Marks- I knew it. I knew they were coming. My mom has them. My sister has them. And they both told me they were pretty much inevitable, because they are genetic. But I refused to believe it. I stayed well hydrated. I bought the expensive oil at the maternity store, massaging it all over the growing bump morning and night. But week 28 I noticed 2-3 purple dots. I thought it was my imagination, but asked Craig to look. Yep, the beginning of stretch marks. I furiously applied more oil to no avail. Now they are full blown purple streaks up and down my belly. As of now, they haven't traveled above my belly button, so I am still hopeful. But then again, we still have at least 9 weeks to go. But I'm still thankful, even if I end up rocking a one piece swimsuit for the rest of my life. (ahem...there will be no pictures of these...ever.) :)


No comments:
Post a Comment